Why do people sing?
To put it simply because it makes you smile, laugh, feel, think, create. All of the things that breeds happiness.
I found this break down below where it explains the benefits of singing physically, emotionally and socially. This really resonates with me (excuse the pun) because with out singing at an early age i would not of become as confident and positive as i feel right now. So thanks mum, it was the best gift you could have ever given me.
1. Singing exercises our lungs. It tones up our intercostal muscles and our diaphragm.
2. It can improve our sleep
3. We benefit our hearts and circulation by improving our aerobic capacity and we decrease muscle tension.
4. Our facial muscles get toned.
5. Our posture improves.
6. We can become more mentally alert.
7. Sinuses and respiratory tubes are opened up more
8. With careful training recent evidence suggests that it can help decrease the problem of snoring.
9. There is a release of pain relieving endorphins.
10. Our immune system is given a boost enabling us to fight disease.
11. It can help reduce anger and depression and anxiety
12. Use of music can help people to regain balance if affected by illness such as Parkinson’s disease
1. Increase in self esteem and confidence
2. It increases feelings of wellbeing
3. It enhances mood
4. Useful as a stress reducer
5. It is uplifting spiritually
6. It can increase positive feelings
7. Encourages creativity
8. It can be energizing
9. It evokes emotions
10. Promotes bonding
11. Increases understanding and empathy between cultures.
12. It is healing
1. It enables you to meet more people
2. Is a forum for sharing
3. Brings people together and encourages a sense of community
4. Offers opportunity for giving and receiving positive feedback
5. A forum for fun & laughter
7. Provides a safe environment to try new skills
8. Brings people together.
Now you know what to do..... turn up that radio, plug in your Ipod where ever, when ever and just sing out
because you can.
EVERY VOICE IS UNIQUE, GO FIND YOURS.